The Meeting of the
Kearny Mesa Planning Group
Wednesday May 15, 2013
Serra Mesa/Kearny Mesa Library
9005 Aero Drive, San Diego
1. Approval of March 20, 2013 Annual Meeting minutes. There was no meeting in April.
2. Public Comment on any item not on the agenda.
3. Mail and other items received since the last meeting
4. The seating of the newly elected members of the Elected Planning Group for a two year term. Those members are: Pat Collins, Peter Fayette, Mike McNerney, Ray Richmond, Jeff Sallen, Mark Stevens, Tana Lorah, and John Turpit. Mark Schroeder was elected to fill the vacancy and it's one year term.
5. The election of officers, Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary, for the coming year. Any Elected Planning Group member that would like to be considered contact Buzz Gibbs.
6. Information Item - Kaiser Hospital CUP and PDP - Update of their hospital project. The the draft EIR and Traffic Study will not be presented at this meeting.
7. Discussion of the Master Development Plan for Hickman Field and why the planning group may be excluded from commenting.
8. Discussion of the 8th Update to the Land Development Code and possible action by the group.
9. Next step discussion on the issue of an FAR increase for industrial zones in Kearny Mesa to FAR 1.0 from 0.5 including draft letter for comments and approval.
10. Council and other governmental representative reports
1. Kaiser Ruffin Road - CUP and PDP to demolish existing structures and construct an 875,000 sf hospital on a 20 acre site at 5201 Ruffin Road in the IL-2-1 zone.